Work in the Playground of the Gods.
Mt Olympus will be hiring for the following roles. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV's if any of these sound like you!
SNOW SAFETY OFFICER
- Work in the Playground of the Gods - Mt Olympus ski area is set in a high, south-facing basin at the southern end of the Craigieburn Range in the Canterbury High Country. Famous for a superb balance of terrain, a sheltered aspect and the ability to capture dry powder delivered by southerly storms out of Antarctica, Mt Olympus is a mecca for New Zealand's big mountain, back country and free ski enthusiasts.
- This role will provide the opportunity for an experienced, professional Snow Safety Officer or Avalanche Forecaster to expand their skill sets with unique terrain and challenging weather patterns. This is an opportunity to further develop advanced snow safety knowledge and patrol skills. If you are keen to expand your alpine horizons and consolidate valuable snow safety and emergency response skills, then this is the experience for you.
- Avalanche Safety Management Level 2 and Pre-Hospital Emergency Care (or equivalent) qualification with experience in emergency medical situations is required. Explosives handling certification and snow blasting experience is essential (heli-bombing qualifications or experience is a bonus). The role includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the snow safety programme, administering a wide range of control techniques, assessing ski area boundary safety and route opening or closures. As head of the Snow Safety team, training staff for avalanche response or medical trauma response will be among your responsibilities.
- To be suitable for this role you will need excellent snow science knowledge, problem-solving skills, possess good common sense and the ability to lead a team in a challenging physical environment. If successful, you will be part of a small team in an isolated environment, so you must possess an excellent work ethic, understand personal dynamics and have a sense of humour.
SKI PATROL ROLE
- 2IC to SSO with experience in explosives handling and trauma cases. Current PHEC, Avalanche Control 1 required. Explosives handling certification an advantage. Must be an advanced skier with physical strength and alpine fitness.
- with your CV's if any of these sound like you!